
Can I fit anymore into a title, let alone a blog post. So many things running through my mind lately. So many things being added to my daily to do list; laundry, dishes, more laundry, more dishes, call or email a friend, dust the house (at least once this month), maybe even clean a toilet. So many things to get accomplished in a day and many of these things just don't get accomplished. So what is the most important things? How do I prioritize these lists? I mean isn't their some Holy order of domestic responsibilities? Isn't their somewhere in that beautiful work of Scripture that tells me how to order my day? Well yes...and no.
Lately I have been thinking about eternal things. Shouldn't we Christians do that often? I mean the days are evil, the scripture tells me, we need to make the most of our time doing what God has called us to do. My wise husband reminds me of this when I express my desire to do something that probably wouldn't please the Lord. He reminds me that our days on this earth are few and shouldn't we do all things to glorify Him during these few, fleeing and unpromised days? "Yes", I sigh, and thank God again for my loving husband that doesn't seem to have his head in the clouds, or somewhere else, as I do so often. Oh how I have needed that kind of truth taught to me, isn't God so wonderful to give us husbands, friends, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers to remind us.
Well as I am on the topic of being thankful for things I have to write about my latest and greatest discovery; "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. She is a wonderful author, mother of six, farmer's wife and many other things from Ontario, Canada. She shares with us through her amazing gift of painting pictures with words, her spiritual journey to freedom from fear and control by living the Eucharisteo life. This Eucharisteo life is the life she found when she was challenged to write down 1000 things she loves. Eucharisteo is the Greek word used in the New Testament when Jesus gives thanks and breaks bread. The word is a combination of three other Greek words; Grace, Thanksgiving and Joy. You will just have to read the book.....
Anyway, through reading this book I have started to see just how much I am missing from this life; how much I can learn from living the "Eucharisteo life." I have started my list of 1000 things I love. Today I wrote....
#38 Little lips suckling veraciously
#39 Blue eyes swallowed by chubby cheeks, red
#40 Good 6 month appointments
#41 Happy babies after long night sick
#42 One in marriage - one team - one purpose - one life together
#43 My husband's hands in my hair, swirling, taming
#44 Husband's hard love, long suffering, patient
This book has challenged me to slow down and look at ALL that God has given me not only to feel good, but to turn and give Him the glory. As John Piper writes, "God is most glorified in me, when I am most satisfied in Him". When I am most satisfied in Him I am at peace; trusting, resting, able to let go of my life, and let Him have all my cares. This is not easy either, and I still have "clenched fists" as Ann Voskamp writes, but I am walking towards that freedom, one Eucharisteo at a time.
Here are a few pics I have taken as I try to capture a few of my Eucharisteo moments in my normal, every day, chaotic, toddler/infant filled life.
I hope you are all enjoying your summer.
Blessings



No comments:
Post a Comment